Lambton Federation of Agriculture Regional Meeting
Thursday August 20th, 2020
Telus Business Connect – Virtual Meeting
7:34pm Meeting Called to order by Gary Martin.
Joanne Fuller chair of the meeting/Paul Nairn monitoring chat feature.
- Purpose of the meeting is to discuss issues impacting the agriculture industry, support the community, and network with other members of the industry.
- Due to the COVID19 pandemic, the meeting had to be moved to a virtual format.
7:39pm Introduction to the meeting provided by Gary Martin.
7:42pm Presentation summary of 2020 events, accomplishments, and decisions by Kaytie Clarke.
8:00pm Scholarship award winners announced:
- Women’s Institute Scholarship: Kevin McGrail
(Presented by Ann McGugan)
- Kerrigan Scholarship: Eric Marsh
- Abraham Scholarship: Gracie Goodhill
- Bell One Scholarship: Hannah Symington
- Stewardson Scholarship: Emma Darrach
- Bell Two Scholarship: No Applications
- McCabe Scholarship: Maggie Annett
- Joyce Anderson Scholarship: Kaitlyn Griffith
- Lois Wakefield Scholarship: Emily Van Ewyk
8:25pm OFA Regional Update by Crispin Colvin
- PAWS Act and Bill 156
- Investments in rural infrastructure (Natural Gas/Broadband Internet)
- Influence on Climate Change Panel
- COVID Resource Hub on OFA Website
- Feeding Your Future Initiative
- Always in Season Toolkit
- Priority Media Campaigns
- Future Focus
8:35pm Proposed Bylaw changes
- Purpose: To be brought into compliance the Corporations Act
What to expect at a virtual AGM
- Theme: Navigating Our Road to Recovery
- Election of Director at Large
- Keynote Speaker
8:45pm Appointment of the 2021 PAC members and 2020 OFA AGM Delegates
- PAC Representatives for 2021 (ACCLAIMED)
- Gary Martin
- Lauren Van Ewyk
- Darcy Fuller
- Delegates for 2020 AGM (9): (ACCLAIMED)
- Darcy Fuller
- Julie Maw
- George Dickenson
- Don McCabe
- Christina Hyatt
- Alternate Delegate (9)(ACCLAIMED)
- Joe Dickenson
- Don McGugan
Motion to accept the acclaimed 2020 regional meeting slate of candidates for Lambton countyGeorge Dickenson moved; Christina Hyatt seconded. Carried.
Motion for Lambton County membership to fill vacant delegate and alternate delegate positions prior to November 19, 2020 – Julie Maw moved; Gary Martin seconded. Carried.
8:50pm Resolutions and Member Feedback
- Resolution to OFA Bylaw Change 2020 – Submitted by Leeds asking for review and support.
- Leeds resolution to be reviewed at regularly scheduled LFA meeting.
9:00pm Questions and Comments Period
9:05pm George Dickenson motioned to adjourn the meeting.