LFA and OFA are conducting this year’s regional meeting (in person with a dinner).
The regional meeting offers the opportunity to engage in discussions about the issues and priorities impacting the agriculture and food industry, network with local federation directors and fellow members, and support your local agricultural community.
The meeting will be hosted on Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 5:00 pm at Big Family Brewing Company in Sarnia.
There is an optional tour of the Cargill Sarnia Grain Terminal scheduled for 4:30 pm (safety shoes required) and dinner will start at 6:00 pm. Please indicate on the registration link if you are attending the tour, the dinner, or both.
- Social Hour
- Scholarship Presentations
- Cash Bar
- Slow Moving Vehicle Sign Exchange for members
You can submit your intentions to be considered for PAC and/or being a delegate (or alternate) for the OFA AGM.
- Guest Speaker – Cargill Sarnia
- OFA Vice President – Crispin Colvin
- Presentation of the 2023-2024 LFA Scholarships
- Election of OFA Policy Advisory Council members, OFA Annual General Meeting Delegates and Alternates
The OFA Annual General Meeting will take place in person Tuesday, November 21 – Wednesday (half day) November 22 at the Delta Toronto Airport Hotel.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:
The following opportunities allow members to get involved in OFA’s work at a provincial level, bringing concerns, suggestions and leadership to provincial discussions:
- Policy Advisory Council (PAC) role
– represents Lambton County Membership and provides direction on policy throughout the 2023/4 year (3 positions available).
- Delegate/Alternate Role
– attends and represents Lambton County membership at the OFA’s annual meeting on November 21-22, 2023 in Toronto, ON (9 delegate and 9 alternate positions available)
The elections for Policy Advisory Council (PAC), Delegates and Alternates to OFA’s Annual General Meeting will be held at the LFA Regional Meeting on Thursday, August 24, 2023.
If you are interested in these positions you will need to submit your intention by Tuesday, August 22, 2023 to the Member Services Representative Karen McLean at [email protected] or 519.821.8883 Ext. 330
To be eligible to run for one of these positions and to vote, you need to be a member of the OFA.
The deadline to submit intention to run for PAC or Delegate/Alternate Positions is Tuesday, August 22, 2023.
You will need to submit your name and OFA Number.
For further information, please contact our Member Services Representative Karen McLean
Email: [email protected] | Tel: 519.821.8883 Ext. 330