For Immediate Release:
April 20, 2020
Petrolia, Ontario – Lambton Federation of Agriculture announces post-secondary scholarships for the 2021 school year.
Spring is usually the moment when school is wrapping up and both teachers and soon-to-be graduates are celebrating.
In this unprecedented moment in time, however, we recognize that this is a tough time for both.
Even though we are unable to celebrate in the same way – together, at large gatherings and in classrooms – it’s still time to think forward to next year.
The Lambton Federation of Agriculture will be offering ten scholarships this year for the 2021 school year, for both college and university students.
For the regular scholarships:
- Applicants need to be from a family actively farming in Lambton County:
- While you do not need to be an LFA/OFA member, it is required that you (or parents or grandparents or guardian) have a valid FBR number registered in Lambton County.
For the special scholarships, note that the criteria for each vary from the regular scholarships (and do not require Farm Business Registration).
Deadline for the scholarships is July 15th 2020.
Scholarships will be presented at our Regional Meeting in August and successful applicants are expected to attend the presentation.
For a list of the scholarships and their individual criteria, please see the LFA Website at https://lambtonfederation.ca/scholarships/
The Lambton Federation of Agriculture is a non-profit organization in Lambton County who helps supports farmers and issues relating to their farm operations.
List of Scholarships available:
- Joyce Anderson Scholarship – $2,000.00 (administered by the Sarnia Community Foundation)
- Bill and Dorothy Abraham Scholarship – $1,000.00
- Patrick and Timothy Kerrigan Scholarship – $1,000.00
- Federation Bell One Scholarship – $1,000.00
- Federation Bell Two Scholarship – $1,000.00
- Dona Stewardson Scholarship – $1,000.00
- Lois Wakefield Scholarship- $1,000.00
- Don McCabe Scholarship- $1,000.00
- Lambton County Warden’s Scholarship – 2 scholarships of $2,000.00 ea
- Lambton County Women’s Institute Scholarship – $1,000.00
For More Information:
Gary Martin, President
Lambton Federation of Agriculture