For Immediate Release:
April 15, 2021
Corunna, Ontario – Lambton Federation of Agriculture announces post-secondary scholarships for the 2022 school year.
Spring is usually the moment when school is wrapping up and both teachers and soon-to-be graduates are celebrating.
In this unprecedented moment in time, however, we recognize that this is still a tough time for both, and we hope for a future that will return to some semblance of normal.
Even though we are currently unable to celebrate in the same way – together, at large gatherings and in classrooms – it’s still time to think forward to the next school year.
The Lambton Federation of Agriculture will be offering ten scholarships this year for the 2022 school year, for both college and university students.
For the regular scholarships:
- Applicants need to be from a family actively farming in Lambton County:
- While you do not need to be an LFA/OFA member, it is required that you (or parents or grandparents or guardian) have a valid FBR number registered in Lambton County.
The deadline to apply for the scholarships is July 15th 2021.
For the special scholarships, note that the criteria for each vary from the regular scholarships.
Scholarships will be presented at our Regional Meeting in August and successful applicants are expected to attend the presentation (it will most likely be a virtual meeting).
For a list of the scholarships and their individual criteria, please see the LFA Website scholarships page at https://lambtonfederation.ca/scholarships/
The Lambton Federation of Agriculture is a non-profit general farm organization in Lambton County who helps and supports farmers with issues relating to their farm operations.
List of Scholarships available:
- Joyce Anderson Scholarship – $2,000.00 (administered by the Sarnia Community Foundation)
- Bill and Dorothy Abraham Scholarship – $1,000.00
- Patrick and Timothy Kerrigan Scholarship – $1,000.00
- Federation Bell One Scholarship – $1,000.00
- Federation Bell Two Scholarship – $1,000.00
- Dona Stewardson Scholarship – $1,000.00
- Lois Wakefield Scholarship- $1,000.00
- Don McCabe Scholarship- $1,000.00
- Lambton County Warden’s Scholarship – 1 scholarship still available of $2,000.00 for post-graduate students
- Lambton County Women’s Institute Scholarship – $1,000.00
Outside Scholarships (from other organizations)
- Ontario Federation of Agriculture Bursary Program:
- Lambton International Plowing Match – 1991 Scholarships:
- Ontario Sheep Farmers’ 2021 Awards & Scholarships:
- University of Guelph – Ridgetown Campus student awards:
- G3 Grow Beyond scholarship:
- St Clair Region Conservation Authority Foundation scholarships:
- Brian Fox Memorial Agriculture Scholarship:
For More Information:
Gary Martin, President
Lambton Federation of Agriculture
519-864-4224 | lambtonfederation.ca