Link to follow registration
OFA’s 2020 Regional Meeting for members in Lambton County is fast approaching. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, LFA and OFA are conducting this year’s regional meeting in a virtual format. The regional meeting offers the opportunity to engage in discussions about the issues and priorities impacting the agriculture and food industry, network with local federation directors and fellow members, and support your local agricultural community.
The virtual experience of attending the LFA regional meeting will prepare delegates for OFA’s 2020 Annual General Meeting in November that will also be hosted on a virtual platform. Transitioning to a virtual format ensures we protect the health and safety of our staff, directors and members.
The virtual meeting will be hosted on:
Thursday August 20, 2020
- 7:00PM Weblink opens – Social and Connection
- 7:30PM Regional Meeting
- Highlights from Lambton Federation of Agriculture
- Post-Covid Future in Agriculture – OFA Zone Director Crispin Colvin
- What to Expect for a Virtual AGM – MSR Joanne Fuller
- OFA By-Law Change Presentation – OFA Zone Director Crispin Colvin
- Election of Policy Advisory Council members and OFA Convention Delegates and Alternates (The OFA convention is scheduled for November 23, 2020 online)
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:
The following opportunities allow members to get involved in OFA’s work at a provincial level, bringing concerns, suggestions and leadership to provincial discussions:
- Policy Advisory Council role – represents Lambton County Membership and provides direction on policy throughout the 2021 year (3 positions available).
- Delegate/Alternate Role – attends and represents Lambton County membership at the OFA’s annual meeting on November 23, 2020 (9 delegate and 9 alternate positions available)
The elections for Policy Advisory Council (PAC), Delegates and Alternates to OFA’s Annual General Meeting will be held in a different format this year. If you are interested in these positions you will need to submit your intention 7 days prior to the Virtual Regional Meeting.
To be eligible to run for one of these positions and to vote, you need to be a member of the OFA.
The deadline to submit intention to run for PAC or Delegate/Alternate Positions is Thursday, August 13, 2020.
You will need to submit your name and OFA Number.
After registering, you will receive a personalized link to use on August 20th.
For further information, please contact our Member Services Representative Joanne Fuller | Email: [email protected] | Tel: 519.868.5368